Advertising Your Program
You need to be creative and have diverse types of publicity.
La Salle University Union Building Posting Policy: All posted advertisements must be approved by Administrative Services (205 Union Building).
- University On-line Calendar On the mylasalle Portal under “Life at La Salle” tab at the top of the page.
- The Collegian
- mylasalle Portal
- Bathroom Announcements
- Sandwich Boards
- Word of Mouth- tell everyone!
- Hand sized leaflets the day of the program
- Social Networking Websites
La Salle sponsored programs CANNOT be promoted Social Networking websites as open public events.
- Choose the best and most effective way to publicize the event and target audience you’d like to reach.
- All Union Building advertisements must be approved by Administrative Services, 205 Union Building.
- If your program requires tickets to be sold or students to pre-sign for events contact the Student Programming Center, 307 Union Building for assistance.
- Students risk loss of future funding or administrative intervention if programs are consistently poorly advertised.
- One Month Ahead
Request pictures, logo’s, ad slicks from an artist/agency when your contract is executed.
- 3-4 Weeks Ahead
Start printing materials, get newspaper ads ready for publication. Contact student organizations and academic departments.
- 2-3 Weeks Ahead
Put up first set of posters, submit Portal Announcement, distribute small flyers or special promotional items, hang banners.
- 1 Week Ahead
Select specific areas on campus to promote your event. Replenish posters/flyers.
- Two Days Before
Set out table tents, distribute creative flyers possibly with candy or giveaways.
- Day of Event
Word of mouth. Distribute small hand held flyers.
La Salle University Posting Policy
All advertisements must be approved by Administrative Services (205 Union Building).