As a co-institutional group, working under the direction of the Alcohol and Other Drug Education Center within the Counseling and Health Services Department, the Peer Educators develop and implement many health and wellness focused initiatives and programs.
The following are just some of programs the Peer Educators have sponsored:
- Speak Up Reach Out, a Suicide Awareness Program
- The Great American Smoke Out, a Tobacco Free Campaign
- Stress Busters, activities aimed at reducing stress during midterms and finals.
The Peer Educators often collaborate with other students organizations in the planning and implementation of health initiatives and programs, these groups include but are not limited to:
- Resident Student Association (RSA)
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Intra-Fraternity Sorority Council (IFSC)
- The Social Work Association (SWA)
- The Psychology Club