As a graduate of La Salle University, Career and Employment Services staff and resources are available to you throughout your lifetime to assist with your job search and career-related needs. Our office collaborates with the Alumni Office who is also available for assistance.
- Alumni who have graduated within the past five (5) years, may call us at 215.951.1075 to schedule an in-person or distance advising appointment.
- If you are five (5) or more years from undergraduate graduation, you may make an appointment with Debra Franke, Assistant Director for Career Programs in the Alumni Office by calling 215.991.3582 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Counselors are available at La Salle’s Main campus during normal office hours to help you with:
- defining or re-defining your career goals, career changing
- job searching, networking
- post-graduate educational plans
- reviewing or refining resumes and cover letters
- preparing or practicing for interviews
Alumni are welcome to attend our annual on-campus job fairs, the Fall Career Expo or the Spring Job Fair, to connect and network with employer representatives, faculty, as well as alumni volunteers.
Career & Employment Services receives a variety of job listings (full-time, part-time, internship, & co-op positions) on a daily basis. Our eXplorenet system provides you with on-line access to:
- positions listed specifically for La Salle graduates
- employers who have developed a relationship with La Salle
- upcoming events or workshops (both on- & off-campus) through the calendar
- additional career, occupational, and job search information
As an alumnus/a, you may already have an eXplorenet account if you graduated after January, 2000. For graduates prior to January, 2000, we will create an account for you. To activate or create your account a username and password, you will need to contact our office with your current email, phone number, year of graduation, degree, and major.
Beyond the popular job search sites (CareerBuilder, Monster), we recommend the following resources to help you identify local and regional opportunities and employers:
Beyond – www.beyond.com – The Career Network, helps millions of professionals find jobs and advance their careers.
LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com – develop and expand your network of La Salle alumni by joining the “La Salle University Alumni Network” group on LinkedIn.
Campus Philly – www.campusphilly.org/careers – a 501(c)3 non-profit organization fueling economic growth in the Greater Philadelphia tri-state region. Their careers site, while geared towards college students, provides an additional source of potential local employers.
Vault Career Intelligence – world’s leading source of career intelligence providing access to free downloadable guides on different industries, companies and career topics. (Accessible via mylasalle – under Campus Resources in the Employment Services channel)
Helping Us Help Students
Career and Employment Services is continually seeking new opportunities – full-time jobs, co-ops, internships, summer jobs – for all levels of students and graduates. As a potential employer, you may post opportunities with your organization on eXplorenet as well as participate in on-campus recruiting or attend one or both of our on-campus job fairs. Please email a position description to email@example.com for posting jobs on eXplorenet; call our Recruiting Coordinator at 215.951.1075 for more details about On-Campus Recruiting.
As an experienced alumnus/a, you can provide current students with valuable information about a particular field or industry, your specific organization, or your job function. If you are interested in sharing your experiences with current students, please contact either Career and Employment Services or the Alumni Office for more information about becoming an “Alumni Mentor”.