Instructions for using Resume Books in eXplorenet
Login to eXplorenet:
- Navigate to https://lasalle.experience.com/experience/login and bookmark this page as you will most likely be using it often.
- As a default, your username is your La Salle University ID number followed by the letters “lsu,” (e.g. 1234567lsu) and your default password will be your birthday in MMDDYY format (e.g. 012085).
- Upon your initial login you will be asked to complete selected sections of your profile. Once you have done that, you will be able to search and review posted jobs, employer profiles and employer contacts, and the calendar.
For the most robust set of capabilities – uploading documents and submitting online applications – you will need to meet with a counselor in Career & Employment Services. To make an appointment please call 215.951.1075 or, when classes are in session, come in during our walk-in hours:
M-F 10 – 11AM and 1:30 – 2:30PM.
Uploading your resume:
- Hover your mouse over “Documents” and, from the drop down box, click “Upload a Document.”
- On the following screen, select “Resume” and then click next. This will bring up a tool to browse your computer.
- Find and select the desired resume you wish to upload, then click “upload.“
- On the ‘Confirmation’ screen, you will see that your resume is ‘Converting.’
- Within 30 – 60 seconds, your resume should be ‘Ready’. You may then click on the resume name to view your resume, which will be in PDF format.
Please note that you must have your resume(s) reviewed by Career & Employment Services to be able to upload it to eXplorenet. Call 215.951.1075 to schedule an appointment or, when classes are in session, come in during Walk-In Hours.
Renaming your resume in eXplorenet:
We highly recommend that all students use a standard protocol* for saving/naming the resume to be published in a Resume book. Using this protocol allows employers to easily save and find your resume.
*Make sure the title of your resume is your full name followed by the word ‘Resume’ – SmithJosephResume.docx.
- Hover your mouse over “Documents” and, from the drop down box, click “Your Resumes.” The next screen will list of all your uploaded resumes.
- In the “Options” column on the right, you will see a drop down box next to each of your resumes that will contain options to “Rename” or “Delete” your document.
- Select “Rename” on the desired resume.
- Enter the new name in the box, then click “Save.”
Publishing your eXplorenet resume to a Resume Book:
- Hover your mouse over “Documents” and, from the drop down box, click “Publish a Resume.”
- Find the Resume Book that best describes your group status.
- Select your resume from the ‘choose resume to publish’ drop down box, and press save.
Please note that you may not be eligible to upload your resume to certain Books. If you are having trouble finding the book that best fits you, please call 215.951.1075 for assistance or to speak with a counselor.
Once you accept employment, remove your resume from the Resume Book system:
- Click “Publish a Resume” under the Documents tab on the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- In the Published Resume Books section, use the drop-down menu next to the resume book title to select “remove resume from book …”
- Click “Update,” just below the Published Resume Books table.