Room Change Process
Monday, September 12, 2016 to Friday, September 23, 2016
Requests available only Monday, Sept. 12, 2016, through Friday, Sept. 23, 2016. We encourage you to talk with your roommate(s) and work together to come to an understanding and balance in your living accommodation. We have highly trained paraprofessional and full-time staff that can assist you in resolving any issue that may arise between you and your roommate(s). Please work with your Resident Assistant (RA), Community Assistant (CA) and/or Resident Coordinator (RC).
- The room change period for the Fall 2016 semester will be from
Monday, September 12, 2016 to Friday, September 23, 2016 (See Room Change Request form at the bottom of the page)..
- Community Development must approve all requests for change in room assignments prior to a student moving to a new assignment.
- Room change requests are on a first come, first serve basis. Community Development will schedule meetings with students based upon the date of the submitted request and available bed spaces. Students with approved medical accommodation requests will have preferential status during this process. If you submitted a prior Room Preference Request over the summer, you must submit a Room Change Request. The Room Preference Request is no longer valid at this time.
- All requests received after September 23, 2016 at 3:00PM will be considered late and will not be considered for change. Residents desiring a room change after September 23, 2016 time will need to work through their Resident Coordinator (RC). The RC will first exhaust every option to resolving any issues before considering to sign off on a room change request.
- Community Development staff will notify students about the status of requests once an assignment has been changed via their La Salle e-mail address only. In certain instances, it may take staff longer to make the proper changes and reassignments. Please, list campus phone and cell phone numbers on all requests.
- Please be aware that a pro-rated change in housing charges will be made if reassignment is made to a different level of accommodation.
- All room changes to a residence hall accommodation require a meal plan. Students without a meal plan must contact the Food Service department to select a meal plan.
The room change process works best when students propose options for reassignment. Community Development will seek options for each request, but cannot guarantee that all students’ requests can be approved.
The Room Change Request Form is now closed.
Submitted changes are still pending and are based on availability. If you have a problem with your room or roommate, please contact your RA/CA/RC.