Study Abroad & Co-Op Students
Students currently studying abroad or on co-op trips during the Spring semester while the Housing Selection Process is under way for the next academic year are eligible to participate in the Housing Selection Process following the same steps as other returning students with the exception that they may need to provide a proxy form (Please also refer to Appointment Attendance).
You should complete and submit the Housing Application (Step 1). Make sure your name is submitted on a Group/Individual Intention Form (Step 2) as an individual or as a group member by the corresponding deadline.
In addition to submitting the application, students should verify with Administrative Services that a “proxy” has been submitted. You may submit the proxy form prior to submitting your Housing Application. The completed form empowers someone to select your housing accommodations during the Housing Selection Meeting appointments. You may designate a friend or you may elect to have Administrative Services choose on your behalf. If you are part of a group, your group captain can serve as your proxy. You do not need to provide a proxy form unless you are selecting housing just for yourself, or you are the group captain.
All forms should be returned to Administrative Services, at Union 205, 1900 West Olney Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19141 or faxed to (215) 951-5126.
For Students Participating in Study Abroad During the Fall 2015 Semester
- Apply for housing, only completing Step 1. Students planning on participating in Study Abroad during the fall semester and then returning to live on-campus apply for housing during the normal Housing Selection Process for returning students.
- Students approved for Study Abroad for the fall semester will be deferred from proceeding in the Group/Individual Intention Form portion of the Housing Selection Process until the end of fall semester of the academic year for which they applied for housing.
- Housing for the spring will be guaranteed for those students who apply for housing by April 30, 2015. This group of students will be first in priority to select from available accommodations and receive housing assignments for the spring semester. Assignment selection for those who apply for housing by April 30, 2015 will be prioritized by individual points, then by date of application.
- As an alternative, students may coordinate a fall “placeholder”. Arrangements for this option should be made during the regular Housing Selection Process and would be bound to the criteria and guidelines set forth by Administrative Services.
- Students who apply after April 30, 2015 will select a housing assignment based on date of application and space/accommodation availability.
- Students will be notified via Email with instructions on how to select their preferred housing assignment for the spring semester. Students are responsible for checking their La Salle Email account and will be provided a way to pick their assignment on-line in a manner convenient for any Study Abroad location.
Students who participate in Study Abroad and apply for housing are under the same contractual obligations as students who participate in the regular Housing Selection Process. Students must be registered for classes full-time for the semester they plan on living on-campus as noted in the housing contract. Failure to do so may result in the delay and/or loss of preferred housing assignment.
For Students Participating in Study Abroad During the Spring 2016 Semester
- Students planning on participating in Study Abroad during the spring semester may apply for housing during the normal Housing Selection Process for returning students.
- Once they have been approved for Study Abroad for the spring semester of the academic year for which they have applied for housing, they must submit a Housing Withdraw form, indicating they are withdrawing from housing for the spring semester due to participating in Study Abroad. Withdraw requests will be confirmed by Administrative Services in conjunction with the Multicultural and International Center.
See Study Abroad Website for more information on Study Abroad programs.