La Salle University Health Requirements
All entering full time undergraduate students and on-campus graduate students must adhere to the requirements listed below.
A. HEALTH FORMS
Complete the Health History Form and return to LaSalle University Student Health Center. A copy of an official immunization record from a physician is necessary. The Health Form will be considered incomplete if it does not document all required immunizations and proof of health insurance. Noncompliance or incomplete information for undergraduate students will result in not being able to register for classes the following academic semester. Download a copy of the health form from the web at www.lasalle.edu/medicalforms
B. MANDATORY IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS
- MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine – entering college students, born on or after 1957, must have documentation of receipt of two doses of MMR after 15 months of age.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria–Pertussis– primary series of 3 doses plus a booster dose in the last 10 years.
- Hepatitis B –three doses required; or series must be in progress and on schedule.
- Varicella – two doses of the vaccine are required or a lab test showing positive varicella antibodies. History of disease is acceptable.
- Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine – one dose of the quadravalent vaccine (A-C-W-135,Y) is required for all undergraduate students or graduate students living on campus.
- Tuberculosis (PPD) – TB testing needs to be done in the first three days of class. If the TB test is positive then a chest x-ray is required. TB testing and chest x-ray must be performed in the United States. Testing done in other countries is NOT accepted.
***All international students who were born in or who have lived in a country that is considered high risk for tuberculosis (TB) (Asia, Africa, South America, Central America, E. Europe and a few W. European countries,) whether graduate or undergraduate, must receive TB testing.
- All International Students from high risk countries (see above) are required to show proof of a recent TB skin test in the last twelve months or receive a PPD test. The cost is $5. The TB test or the chest x-ray can ONLY be accepted if it was done in the United States. La Salle cannot accept TB tests and chest x-rays from other countries.
- International Students who have not received a TB skin test by the Wednesday of the first week of class or who have failed to return to have the test read in 72 hours will receive a letter of warning with subsequent suspension from class to follow if the TB test/reading is not completed.
- If the student received the TB skin test and it is positive, he or she will have 48 hours to obtain a chest x-ray and to call the Student Health Center with details of time and place of chest x-ray so that the Student Health Center can follow up
- If the above time limits are not met then the Dean of Students/Vice President of Student Affairs will be notified and the student may be suspended from University housing and/or from classes. This is necessary to protect the University community in case any students have active tuberculosis.
Most vaccinations are available at cost in the Student Health Center but it is recommended that you complete the above
requirements before coming to the United States, with the exception of the PPD (tuberculosis) test.
C. HEALTH INSURANCE – Health Insurance Requirement for F-1 Visa Holders
SEE HEALTH INSURANCE TAB FOR MOST ACCURATE INFORMATION
D. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT LASALLE UNIVERSITY’S STUDENT HEALTH CENTER
The Student Health Center is a primary health care facility that provides free routine health care, including office visits and most medications to all full-time La Salle undergraduate and graduate residential students. The Student Health Center office is open daily, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. when classes are in session from August through May. Albert Einstein Medical Center Emergency Room is in close proximity to the La Salle campus if emergency care is required.
For more information: www.lasalle.edu/health or call 215- 951-1565.