Present– Co-Chairs: Lane Neubauer, Lou Lamorte; Members: Mike Bachman, Jay Boney, Kara Branz, Genevieve Carlton, Mary Dorr, Kathi McNichol, Susan Mudrick, Julie Valenti
Guest: Mike Nielsen
- Review of year-by-year checklist: the checklists for the first four stages of Explore U were reviewed resulting in a few minor corrections, additions and changes. Discussion ensued about the length of some checklists:
- Concern that the first stage list was much shorter than the other stages – Jay suggested that one of the checklist items could be separated into three separate tasks.
- Concern that the second, third and fourth lists were too long which may give the perception of too much work to do and discourage students from participating. Lou recommended that the Career Services staff work on condensing the lists by combing common tasks and creating “sub-tasks”
- The group will work on the fifth stage (Explore Always) during the Spring semester.
- Explore U pilot evaluation has been collected and given to Mike Roskowski. Lane, Lou and Phenix met with Mike R. and Teri Ceraso to determine the data to be compared and analyzed. Mike R. should have results within the next two – three weeks.
- Majors & Minors Fair invitations will be distributed to all department chairs on Friday, Dec 14.
- Explore U passport:
- Lou circulated the portfolio folder used by Philadelphia University’s Career Service Center.
- Mike Nielsen discussed the possibility of setting up a website or other electronic version of the checklists that could include automatic emails to Explore U advisors (or other administrators we designate) when a student completed a goal or attended an event.
- Meeting schedule for Spring semester
- It was agreed to continue to meet on Thursdays at 3:00 pm. The first meeting will be January 17, 2008.
- The group was asked to continue to think of creative ways to engage students in the Explore U stages, particularly the sophomore stage (Explore Your Possibilities).
Respectfully submitted by Lou Lamorte.