In Attendance: Alan Wendell (co-chair), Jeff Hershberger (co-chair), Amber Mullen, Andrea Young, Abby Hamilton Scott Baietti, John Williamson
Absent: Michael Purvis, John Michel, Emma Petrucci, Greer Richardson, Meggin Forti
- Alan read his notes from the December meeting.
- We discussed the shared disappointment that work had still not begun on the St. Bernard Hall Lounge project.
- Jeff announced that the budget has been approved to complete renovations necessary for St. Katharine to be air-conditioned beginning in August, 2008.
- Scott introduced the issue that many living units have no lights. It was identified that floor lamps historically were provided but that offering was discontinued. It was agreed that CDAB will continue to discuss this issue.
- Jeff introduced a number of proposed changes to the housing selection process:
- Returning students will not be required to pay a deposit to participate in the process.
- Jeff read a proposed rewording of the procedure to respond when students to withdraw from housing after participating in the housing selection process.
- We discussed the creation of a decision-making tree for determining what bed students are assigned to in the townhouses or apartments. The growing number of roommate conflicts that are experienced and problems associated with assigning new residents to open beds is motivating this dialogue. One solution discussed would be to bill students differential amounts for those assigned to the single bedrooms from those assigned to the doubles. This might alleviate some of feelings of unfair treatment by those students who live in the doubles.
- The next CDAB meeting will be Monday, February 7, 2008 at 1:00 p.m. in Union #310.