In Attendance: Alan Wendell (co-chair), Jeff Hershberger (co-chair), Amber Mullen, Andrea Young, Abby Hamilton Scott Baietti, John Williamson, Michael Purvis, John Michel
Absent: Emma Petrucci, Greer Richardson, Meggin Forti,
- Alan read aloud the meeting note for the January 24, 2008 meeting.
- We discussed that the work on the St. Bernard Lounge has begun.
- The changes discussed regarding specific bed assignments in St. Miguel and differential billing has been tabled, because there was not adequate time for dialogue and preparation prior to the housing selection process this year.
- Alan reintroduced the Alcohol Policy discussion. He advised the board that their work has been greatly appreciated and is being asked to continue on and look comprehensively at the overall policy, not just the points related to residential facilities. We discussed the overall structure of the policy and some of its apparent inconsistencies in language. We agree to come to the next meeting (2/21) with ideas to give to a member of the board who will then be charged with writing a draft version of the policy that attempts to incorporate the board’s ideas at the following meeting (3/13).
- Jeff discussed details of the housing selection process. All materials went live on the portal Monday.
- We discussed the plan to open the residential facilities on Saturday, 3/8 instead of Sunday, 3/9 in order to accommodate students who would like to attend the La Salle/Temple Men’s B-Ball game. John Williamson will investigate if Food Service will open a dining facility or if we should publicize that no dining facility will be open on campus until Sunday evening (original schedule).
- The next meeting will be Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 1:00 p.m. We will resume bi-weekly meetings of CDAB on Thursday, March 13, 2008 after Spring Break, and remaining meetings for the semester are 3/27, 4/10, 4/24).