Vital Information for Vendors
You and your organization are invited to participate as a vendor at La Salle University’s 7th Annual Community Based Health Fair! The theme is ‘Explore Your Health’ and is scheduled for Saturday, October 6, 2018 from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. at the Shoppes at La Salle (located at 5301 Chew Avenue.) If you accept our invitation to participate, and we hope you will, we request that you arrive no later than 11 A.M. for our 12 P.M. start time.
The Community Building Team is a group that consists of community neighbors and leaders, as well as University faculty, staff and students. The charge of the team is to explore, develop, recommend, and, through the appropriate combinations of direct action and stimulating the actions of others in the University and Community, implement means by which the neighbors of our adjoining community and the University can create an even better environment in which to live, work, and study. The team also organizes large scale events such as this annual community health fair.
What will be offered at the health fair?
- Join a growing number of vendors representing local health care providers, wellness specialists, and businesses that provide a variety of free giveaways and information (last year we were at 50—nearly doubled from our first year!)
- Free health screenings provided through LaSalle’s Neighborhood Nursing clinic and other vendors
- Enjoy live musical entertainment and performances
- Free food and healthy treats
- Your giveaways and gifts will be entered in an exciting raffle (more information on this aspect can be found below)
Who is invited?
- Neighbors from Germantown, Logan, Ogontz, Wister and other local areas
- Students, faculty and staff from La Salle University
- City and State Representatives, small business owners, health care providers, and wellness specialists from our neighborhood and those who service our community
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience. As the date of the event approaches, you will receive directions and last minute information that will be helpful in preparing you to serve as a vendor at the Health Fair.
Since it’s beginning, we have been able to offer tables at this community event without charging a fee. We ask that in addition to being a vendor, you please consider sponsoring the health fair at a level that is meaningful to you and your organization.
Please fill out the Needs Assessment/confirmation form below, so we can make sure we have accurate information about your participation in the Health Fair. You will also have the option of either signing the waiver form and returning it via email to David Prisco at email@example.com or completing the waiver form when you register/ check in the day of the Health Fair.
Our community faces a variety of challenging health issues (such as diabetes, hypertension, and obesity) and your participation in this community health fair can improve and even save lives. We are greatly looking forward to having you participate in this truly rewarding initiative!
Please confirm your participation by September 26, 2018
Lead Vendor Chairperson
La Salle University
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, P.A. 19141