Present— Co-Chairs: Lane Neubauer, Lou Lamorte; Members: Mike Bachman, Jay Boney, Kara Branz, Genevieve Carlton, Phenix Frazier, Kathi McNichol, Susan Mudrick, Julie Valenti.
Excused— Mary Dorr
Review of Oct 18 Minutes:
- Approved with corrected spelling of Jay Boney’s name.
- All Explore U minutes are available on the Division of Student Affairs TBA~E site.
Evaluation of Explore U Pilot:
- Questions regarding the Explore U program were added to the annual Freshmen Advising questionnaire administered by Learning Support Services
- The survey will be distributed to all FYO faculty by the end of November; Career Services staff will assist in the distribution and collection of the survey
- Results will be compiled and summarized by Mike Roszkowski
Explore Your Possibilities stage discussion
- The sophomore checklist of essentials and enrichments was reviewed
- Several additions and changes were made:
- Added: “Complete further assessments if undecided.”; “Identify and” meet your advisor.; (re: Career Expo) …”for potential networking and information gathering.”
- Changed: Attend to Participate – to encourage active student involvement
- The group discussed the idea of a “passport” version of the checklist on which students could track their involvement in this stage and be eligible for prizes/incentives given at the end of the semester, year, or at graduation.
- It was suggested that we consider sending a letter to parents as a way of introducing Explore U to parents and asking them to encourage their sophomores to participate in this stage.
Remaining Agenda Items
Other items on the agenda will be discussed at a future meeting.
Next meeting – November 15, 2007 @ 3:00 pm
Respectfully submitted by Lou Lamorte, Director of Career Services Center