In Attendance: Alan Wendell (co-chair), Jeff Hershberger (co-chair), Andrea Young, Emma Petrucci, Scott Baietti, Meggin Forti, John Michel,
Absent: John Williamson, Greer Richardson, Michael Purvis,
- We discussed the recommended changes to the University alcohol policy that were completed by the CDAB last year. The following recommendations for additional changes were discussed:
- Edit the previously recommended addition to the sanction table of “Failure to comply to appropriately provide alcohol or host events with alcohol” to “Hosting events with alcohol inappropriately”.
- Recommend that students who sign in alcohol sign an acknowledgement statement (parallel to guest responsibility).
We agreed that there are three remaining questions for consideration that we would like to resolve at our next meeting:
- When should SDRs notify live-in staff of alcohol sign-in irregularities?
- Should students be allowed to sign alcohol into a complex where they do not reside?
- Should we prohibit possession of empty containers of alcohol in the residential units of those under the legal age to consume alcohol?
- Jeff introduced the addition of Allied Barton contracted services that will be staffing the Security Desk in North Halls. Board members were asked if they had any questions or concerns they believe will arise because of this change. One recommendation is that there be a clear statement to the community about why this change was made.
- Jeff introduced a proposal that presented to he and Alan by CAOS regarding their interest in simpler access for commuter students to residential facilities, specifically for events/programs in lounges that are inside the access control system. The recommendations included:
- Introduce a form that all program planners of open events complete where they would submit a list of known commuters planning on attending the program and a cell phone number of an organizer to Administrative Services at least 24 hours in advance, so that SDRs would be able to assist students most readily. It was already possible for event planners to submit a list of people attending in advance, this is just a means to streamline that process.
- Encourage students to plan open events in facilities outside of the access control system when possible.
- The next CDAB meeting will be Monday, November 26, 2007 at 1:00 p.m. in Union #310.