Members Present: Amber Mullen, Kyle Abbott, Meghan Gaffney, Lindsay Gaylord, Colleen Rabbitt
- The team reviewed the charge statement for the Divisional Celebrations Team. Amber reviewed and explained the evolution of the Divisional Celebrations Team. In addition, Amber shared some of what the DCT accomplished last year.
- The team discussed and created goals for 2008-2009.
- Create forums to keep divisional staff informed about what is going on within the units and with individual staff members, in both the professional and personal arenas.
- Plan creative and enjoyable occasion based events, such as the holiday party and end of year event.
- Plan and carryout opportunities for staff to interact and create connections with each other.
- As the goals were created, the team brainstormed ideas on how to accomplish the goals. Suggestions on how to accomplish the goals included: newsletter, “brown bag” sessions, community service events, fun off-campus event opportunities.
- Plans for the Divisional Holiday Celebration were discussed. Suggestion included:
- Renting a bowling alley and holding our event there while the staff enjoyed some bowling.
- Holding the traditional lunch on campus, with an activity during the event. Ideas for the activity included making ornaments, cookie swap, “white elephant” gift exchange where every staff member bring in a gift, ugly ornament swap, tree decorating.
- Holding an event on campus later in the day (~4:30pm) that was a bit more upscale and included cocktails and hors’dorves. This was the preferred option by the group.
Amber will take the options to the Dean of Students for feedback. We are looking to hold the event during the week after the semester ends (December 14-19, 2008).
- Next scheduled meeting: Wednesday November 5, 2008 at 3:00pm. The team will meet on a bi-weekly basis for the remainder of the semester.