In Attendance: Alan Wendell (co-chair), Jeff Hershberger (co-chair), Suzanne Lipouski, Kelly Zavertinick, Amber Mullen
Absent: Matt Kelly, Raymond Kirsch, Abby Hamilton, Jamie Esbensen, John Michel, John Williamson, Mary Elizabeth Sullivan
Guest: Michael Nielsen
- The notes from the previous two meetings were presented and accepted.
- Jeff initiated a conversation about the housing selection process for 2009-2010. It is not possible to connect it with the class registration process, but an alternative has been identified:
- Mike N. and Jeff proposed that the old point system be replaced with one that was determined solely by Grade Point Average and number of credit hours earned as the factors. This can be done easily with information currently in Banner in a highly efficient and consistent manner.
- A few questions were raised regarding this proposal:
- What would be the impact of unearned credits (advanced placement or class credits transferred from other institutions)?
- Can we effectively conduct a thorough dialogue with student leaders to confirm a decision in time to prepare materials for the process this year?
- How would the elimination of the opportunity to provide additional points for residential student leaders or remove points for disciplinary sanctions be received by the community?
- Mike N. agreed to attend the R.S.A. meeting Tuesday night to discuss this proposal and seek student opinion about the proposal.
- Jeff and Mike N. presented the following proposed date calendar for the housing selection process. It is paced more aggressively in order to complete it prior to Easter Break:
- January 28th – Go Live with Housing Selection web site updates
- February 2 – Begin publicity campaign
- March 6th – Housing Applications due to participate in initial process
- March 23rd 4:00 p.m. – begin accepting Group and Individual Intention Forms (GIIF) for Townhouses
- March 24th 9:00 a.m. – Deadline for receipt of all Townhouse GIIFs
- March 24th 1:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m. Townhouse selection appointments
- March 25th 4:00 p.m. – begin accepting Group and Individual Intention Forms (GIIF) Apartments
- March 26th 9:00 a.m. – Deadline for receipt of all Apartments GIIFs
- March 26th 1:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m. Apartment selection appointments
- March 27th 4:00 p.m. – begin accepting Group and Individual Intention Forms (GIIF) for suites and quads
- March 30th 9:00 a.m. – Deadline for receipt of all Suites and Quads GIIFs
- March 30th 1:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m. Suite and Quad selection appointments
- March 31st 4:00 p.m. – begin accepting Group and Individual Intention Forms (GIIF) for Triples, Singles and Doubles
- April 1st 9:00 a.m. – Deadline for receipt of all Triples, Singles and Doubles GIIFs
- April 1st, 2nd and 3rd 10:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. Triples, Singles and Doubles selection appointments
- April 3rd begin processing students on Wait List and complete by April 8th
- Because of the timeframe of the information presented and the limited attendance at our first meeting, we have called an additional Meeting for the Community Development Advisory Board for Monday, February 2nd at 1:00 p.m. in Union 310.
- Regularly scheduled Community Development Advisory Board meetings will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Mondays in Union 310 on February 9th, 23rd, March 16th March 30th and April 20th.